During pregnancy, your body goes through 40 weeks of incredible metamorphosis and growth. Throughout this life-altering journey, several of these changes can cause temporary pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic care can help relieve pain naturally and enable you to maintain a healthy pregnancy. As your body helps your baby grow, Chiropractic treatments can also prepare your body for an easier delivery.
5 Ways Chiropractic Care Helps During Pregnancy
- Your spine and nervous system need to work optimally to respond to the various physical changes your body is experiencing. However, your spine and nervous system will begin to experience physical changes of their own. Since the nervous system serves as the main pathway of communication for our body and is partially housed in the spine, keeping the spine aligned helps the entire body work more effectively.
- When the center of gravity changes in your body, the spine will attempt to realign to maintain balance. Often this creates additional pressure in the spine, lower back, hips and pelvis. Chiropractic care can relive this mounting pressure, naturally, without medication or side effects.
- Your nervous system is undergoing changes to help control hormonal and chemical reactions. Chiropractic care helps the nervous system work better and is known to help with hormonal balance.
- Chiropractic treatment has also been shown to lessen the frequency and severity of morning sickness in many expectant mothers.
- The changes your spine and pelvis undergo can impact the internal environment for your developing baby and also impair delivery. Misalignment of the pelvis can leave less room for the developing baby, resulting in intrauterine constraint. It may also become difficult for the baby to get into the best position for birth. Chiropractors certified in the Webster Technique can help facilitate pelvic alignment, creating optimal fetal positioning.
The Webster Technique
At Aligned Modern Health, our Chiropractors are certified in the Webster Technique to provide an optimal foundation for your baby to grow and prepare your body for delivery. The Webster Technique focuses on fetal positioning and easier birthing by using sacral adjustments that balance pelvic muscles and ligaments.
To learn more about the Webster Technique and support for pregnancy, visit us online to schedule a free consultation at a clinic near you.