As we approach November, we reflect on National Chiropractic Health Month! American Chiropractic Association (ACA) devotes the entire month of October to encourage people to prevent chronic back, neck, and overall pain! This year, the theme was “Move 4 Life” which encourages people to move more now so they will be able to move better later and avoid chronic and painful conditions associated with sedentary lifestyles.
Chiropractic health is something that we take very seriously here at Aligned Modern Health! Chiropractic care can be beneficial for all ages and for a variety of ailments. Some of the common conditions that we treat are:
- Musculoskeletal pain; back, neck, shoulder, joints, extremities: When our bodies tense up as a result of pain, we can form bad biomechanical habits or leave ourselves vulnerable to throwing our backs out or other injuries. Chiropractic care is a great opportunity to put yourself first and address the effects of stress on your body.
- Acute or chronic injury: Chiropractic care is a key part of recovery for athletes of all levels. If you find yourself injured, make sure you seek help as soon as possible. Waiting may result in more damage and longer healing time.
- Rehabilitation: We have a talented staff of rehabilitation specialists who work alongside of our chiropractic physician to ensure your recovery process is top level.
- Accident/Whiplash: Our chiropractic teamwill perform gentle spinal manipulation and restore normal motion to your neck’s facet joints.
- Sports Performance Enhancement/Sports Injury: Periodic chiropractic visits can actually enhance the performance during exercise by increasing range of mobility.
- Headache: Many headaches are due to muscle tension in the neck. Hours spent at a desk staring at your computer monitor or frequent use of your cell phone are common causes of this tension, but chiropractic manipulations can help with this pain.
- Sciatica: Although sciatica can be a constant nuisance and interrupt a person’s normal routine, it can be treated successfully with proper care and attention. We believe chiropractic care is a safe and effective noninvasive course of treatment for sciatica.
- Carpal Tunnel: Strategic manipulation of the hand, wrist and spine has been shown to ease carpal tunnel pain.
Aside from these conditions, chiropractic care can also help with these general ailments:
- Fatigue: Roughly 15% of Americans are challenged by the change of the seasons when it comes to depression and extreme fatigue. Posture is a key way we express ourselves. Good posture and spinal health can help you feel more energetic, happier, and confident.
- Stress relief: Stress can work its way into our lives for many reasons. Stress can often result in neck pain, low back pain, shoulder tension, and jaw pain. When our bodies tense up as a result of stress, we can form bad biomechanical habits or leave ourselves vulnerable to “throwing our backs out” or other injuries. Chiropractic care is a great opportunity to put yourself first and address the effects of stress on your body.
- Your flex account: Often Chiropractic services are covered by insurance! You can also use funds from your flex account or HSA to pay for Chiropractic services. This should never be your sole reason to see any type of doctor, but it’s valuable to check in with your account status and schedule accordingly!
Aligned Modern Health is the #1 rated complementary health care provider in Chicago with fully-integrated services including Chiropractic Physical Medicine, Acupuncture, Functional Medicine, and Massage Therapy. To learn more about our Chiropractic services or to schedule an appointment at one of our 15 locations, click here!