With some “first-date like” race jitters and excitement, we met all our running partners at Fleet Feet Sports newest location and decked ourselves out with glow-in-the-dark wrist bands that matched our relationship status.
After the race wrapped up, we took the crew back to our place for an after party at our Southport location that included complimentary stretching, chair massage, acupuncture, cookie decorating, food, and wine! If you were there, tag us in your pictures and we’ll add them to our Instagram & Facebook Galleries!
If you missed out on this one, the good times will roll this Saturday, February 21st for the Back on My Feet Mardi Gras Chaser 5/10K. In NOLA style, there will be flashing (with speed only, of course), masks and beads galore! And of course, there will be a serious New Orleans themed after party at Fat Cat Bar. Sign up and use Fleet Feet’s code VOODOO for a $5 discount until February 18th.
Click here for details on upcoming Shamrock Shuffle Training opportunities! And remember, you don’t have to wait for Valentine’s or a special event to get sweaty with your sweetie! Continue reading for some of our favorite reasons to get a running buddy and click here to read more about why running rules for relationships all year round!
The only thing that makes running better? Running with a friend! Check out eight compelling reasons from Active.com on why a buddy will rock your run!
1. Chat it up. There’s nothing like a good conversation to make a run fly by.
2. A partner can help troubleshoot your form. Have them look at your stride and point out where you can improve.
3. Safety. A running partner means more safety – particularly during nighttime runs.
4. Pacesetters. A running partner can help kick it up a notch if you’re going for speed or slow things down when you need to take it easy.
5. Entertainment. A partner is a pick-me-up when you get bored.
6. Punctuality. If you are inclined to miss running days, a partner will help hold you accountable.
7. Extra brain power. A partner will bring fresh eyes to your run – and help liven up your run with new routes and perspective.
8. Human alarm clocks. Partners make great alarm clocks to help you get in those morning runs you’ve always wanted.