Taking your shopping to the great outdoors while supporting local farms makes more sense than ever. Not to mention, Farmer’s Markets help combat food scarcity in areas where fresh, healthy food options can be limited.
We are thrilled to see safe solutions for this year’s markets – with some added innovations and signs of greener things to come!
Before you take to the Farmer’s Markets, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the schedules. Here are a few of our favorite resources to research which market is right for you.
????This handy list from the Tribune includes a chart with safety protocols.
????For added info on independent markets, here’s another great resource.
????Stay on top of updates from the city, here!
????After picking a market, we cross check their social media for any real-time information.
- For safety measures, booths will be 6 feet apart and customers will be maintaining the same distance.
- There are impermeable barriers to protect counters and registers.
- Face coverings will be enforced for everyone – staff, vendors, and shoppers.
- Vendors and staff will also wear gloves.
- There will be ample hand sanitizing and hand-washing stations.
- No touching produce. You’ll need to point at what you want to buy (while maintaining your distance).
- Cashless and contact payment is encouraged.
- Some markets, Andersonville for example, may require preordering and/or preordering may be an option. Be sure to do your research first.
- Samples, music, arts, crafts, yoga, and cooking demos will have to wait for the future. This year it’s no frills. In fact, some outlets are encouraging solo shoppers which means you should leave the family and friends at home – if you can. But that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the benefits of shopping fresh and local!
With your support and cooperation in safety, Farmer’s Markets can continue to thrive!
Take a look at this exciting, new offering from The Plant and the Chicago Vegan Test Kitchen. A former meat processing facility, The Plant is a non-profit, circular economy in Chicago’s Back of the Yards neighborhood and just announced it will be hosting a Vegan Farmer’s Market.
We are here to keep you thriving! Stay safe & healthy this weekend. Connect with our team to schedule your next appointment! Fill out the form below to get started.
Please fill out the form to request an appointment at our health and wellness center for the service and location of your preference. We try to get back to all requests as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call 773-598-4387.
Your safety comes first: we are operating with heightened safety measures in our clinics and offer telemedicine for those unable to visit in person.