Transform your St. Patrick’s Day Shake into a Smoothie Bowl!
You don’t have to merely “drink green” on St. Patrick’s Day. You can eat green, too. Just like magic, a green smoothie bowl offers all the healthy benefits of your favorite frozen drink with the sweet comfort of “bowl food.”
The key to transforming a smoothie into a bowl is all about consistency…. and of course, the fun part: toppings!
First, you’ll want to aim for a slightly thicker consistency than a standard smoothie. Shoot for three parts frozen, two parts liquid. And keep in mind that you can always add more liquid (but it’s harder to add in more frozen ingredients in the middle of the blend)!
For a “green” smoothie bowl, also keep in mind that lighter berries (like strawberries) will help you maintain more vibrancy in green color!
- Avocado (1/4-1/2) – *healthy fats for blood sugar support
- Frozen Berries and Frozen Banana (1-2 cups) – *quality carbs for energy
- A couple healthy handfuls of low glycemic greens—spinach, kale, or micro greens – *antioxidant boost
- Liquid—milk/alternative or water (1 1/2-2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (optional)
- 1 scoop collagen peptide or protein powder (optional) – *protein for healing and repair
Combine ingredients in blender until creamy and smooth.
Add more liquid to thin.
Adjust and flavor as needed…. e.g., ripe banana for sweetness, milk/alternative for creaminess, spinach for more vibrancy in green hue!
You can get creative in this category but popular options include:
- Seeds or Notes – sunflower, chia, hemp, pecans etc.
- Cacao flakes or nibs
- Grain-free granola
To learn more about clinical nutritional at Aligned Modern Health, connect with a patient coordinator by filling out the form below.
Please fill out the form to request an appointment at our health and wellness center for the service and location of your preference. We try to get back to all requests as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call 773-598-4387.
Your safety comes first: we are operating with heightened safety measures in our clinics and offer telemedicine for those unable to visit in person.