Lentil, Kale and Sausage Soup
• 3 pieces of organic chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4 “ thick pieces
• 3 garlic cloves, minced • 1 onion, chopped
• 3/4 c lentils
• 1/2 sweet potato, cut into 1” cubes
• 1 jalapeno, diced (or more if you’d like!)
• 1 (32 oz) carton of chicken broth
• 1 (15 oz) can of Italian or chipotle seasoned diced tomatoes • 1/2 bunch of kale, center ribs discarded, cut into ribbons
In a 3-quart heavy saucepan brown sausage over moderate heat and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. If there is more than 1 teaspoon fat in pan pour off excess; if there is less, add enough oil to measure 1 teaspoon fat. Cook garlic, stirring, until golden. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened.
Add lentils, chicken broth, tomato, sweet potato, jalapeno and sausage and simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Add kale and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Enjoy!
Want more delicious recipes with real food that make you feel really amazing? Join our 28-Day Jumpstart Challenge to kick off the year with new energy and a new you! Our 2015 challenge provides a step-by-step, easy to follow guideline for healthy eating and fitness. We’re in this together, which means all of your Aligned Modern Health friends will be participating – so we can cheer each other along! Drop by an Aligned Modern Health near you and pick up your FREE packet today!