People lose interest in sex from time to time, and sex drive varies throughout your life. But if you’re not “in the mood” for an extended period of time, it can be a cause for concern. If you’re experiencing a low or decreased sex drive, acupuncturists at Aligned Modern Health can help you get your mojo back.
Symptoms of low libido include:
- No interest in any type of sexual activity
- Never or seldom having sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being concerned about a lower sex drive
Causes of Low Libido
Low sex drive can be caused by a number of issues, including:
- Poor circulation—Several health conditions can lead to decreased blood flow, such as obesity, diabetes, heart conditions, and arterial issues.
- Hormone changes—Hormonal imbalances occur in both sexes and can happen at any age. Low testosterone or estrogen can play a role in a low sex drive, but so can an imbalance in adrenal and thyroid hormones.
- Stress—Stress can disrupt your hormone levels. Sometimes your arteries narrow when you’re experiencing stress, which can lead to erectile dysfunction in men.
How Acupuncture Helps Increase Libido
As acupuncture is increasingly an applied treatment for numerous sexual health conditions, it’s become a popular, natural treatment for improving libido without side effects. Taking a whole body approach to issues like low libido, acupuncturists understand that challenges with libido be an indication of a deeper, underlying issue. Acupuncture works to restore optimal health rather than suppressing or masking a particular symptom.
Acupuncture increases your sex drive by:
- Improving circulation—Acupuncture promotes blood flow along the pathways that surround the reproductive and other organs that affect sex drive.
- Balancing hormones—Acupuncture helps stimulate hormonal glands.
- Relieving stress—Acupuncture can restore emotional balance and help you relax.
- Your practitioner may also work with you to customize herbal recommendations targeted for your sexual health needs.
When meeting with an Aligned Modern Health acupuncturist, they will consult with you in order to begin discovery of any underlying issues regarding your lower libido. Then they will customize your treatment to encourage the body to balance itself and stimulate the body’s natural healing response.
Recipients of acupuncture often notice tangible differences early on in the course of treatment.
If you have questions about natural treatment for low libido or other sexual health concerns, make an appointment with an Aligned Modern Health acupuncturist today. Fill out the form below to get started.